Marc A. Centor
Mr. Centor is a Partner in CWL’s San Francisco office. His practice focuses on real estate, transportation, and commercial contracts. Mr. Centor has significant experience advising clients on transactional matters from corporate formation to contract negotiations and transportation regulatory compliance. As part of his transportation regulatory practice, he advises private and public companies regarding regulatory aspects of mergers, acquisitions, and other investments. In addition, Mr. Centor is an experienced litigator in both state and federal courts.
- Olympus Partners’ acquisitions of liquid bulk carriers Heniff Transportation Systems and Superior Bulk Logistics.
- York Capital Management’s acquisition of multimodal 3PL MODE Transportation and subsequent acquisition of SunteckTTS.
- Abry Partners’ recapitalization of SambaSafety.
- The Carlyle Group’s acquisition of United Road Services.
- Advised a New York private equity sponsor regarding California Transportation Network Company (“TNC”) issues related to its participation in an Uber investment round.
- Advised a private equity sponsor seeking to acquire an Alabama motor carrier.
- Successfully argued motion for summary judgment in breach of contract case before federal court.
- Summary judgment and subsequent appellate victory for container terminal owner and operators in California negligence action.
- Counsel for businesses, municipalities, and individuals regarding real property and maritime transactions.
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate
- Commercial Transactions & Litigation
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law
- B.A., University of Virginia
Memberships & Admissions
- State Bar of California
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Central, and Eastern Districts of California
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- American Bar Association