Cox Wootton Lerner
12011 San Vicente Boulevard, Suite 600
Los Angeles, California 90049
Justin Romig’s practice focuses on complex commercial litigation in federal and state courts, representing a diverse range of clients, including global shipping companies, maritime companies, and public entities. He has handled a wide range of complex matters in the areas of real estate, banking, partnership and business disputes, product liability, and catastrophic personal injury.
Mr. Romig has a unique blend of business and legal skills that he leverages when counseling clients on various business litigation and transactional matters. He holds an M.B.A. degree with a concentration in finance from Santa Clara University Leavey School of Business and is a licensed real estate broker in California. With a background in business management and commercial real estate acquisitions and dispositions at the world’s largest commercial real estate investment company, he has firsthand knowledge of the issues that can arise in complex real estate and business transactions.
Areas of Practice
- Complex Commercial Litigation / Real Estate / Banking / Trust Litigation and Administration
- JD, Santa Clara University School of Law, 2005
- MBA, Santa Clara University Leavey School of Business, 2005
- BS, California State University, Fresno, 1999
Bar & Court Admissions
- State Bar of California
- United States Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
Mr. Romig’s experience (including prior to CWL) includes:
- Defended a global shipping company in a multi-million dollar claim of damage to cargo, involving the Montreal Convention, an international treaty governing the liability of airlines in the transport of cargo by air.
- Prosecuted a multi-million-dollar claim against a major bank arising from its material breach of a debt restructuring agreement.
- Represented a trustee in a series of complex trust and probate litigation actions centering on the disposition of real estate assets and related creditor claims.
- Represented a service provider in contract negotiations with a major casino entity involving the terms of a multi-year contract for the sale of curated music streaming services to multiple casino locations.